Long Shot is Photographic Center Northwest’s annual summer fundraiser, celebrating photography and community. Long Shot kicks off with a global photo shoot on June 18 & 19 where people all around the globe unite and make photographs during the summer solstice weekend. Everyone who submits their photographs made during that weekend will have one image included in the slideshow and exhibition celebration event on Saturday, June 25 at PCNW. A $20 donation covers registration, image submission, and digital print production. Consider forming a Photothon team, or rallying friends and family across the country to join in on this adventure, or to donate on your behalf!
$20 registers you for Long Shot. Registration covers participation in the event, which includes image submission, your images reviewed by a panel of professionals, and one selected image printed on fine art paper and exhibited during the exhibition celebration on June 25.
Spread the word! Invite friends, co-workers or family to join you by having them register online and join you as participants. Not in Washington? No problem. Anyone, anywhere in the world can participate.
After registering for Long Shot, you may set up a personal fundraising page through Join Me and support PCNW by asking friends and family to make a cash contribution to Long Shot on your behalf. Any amount counts, whether it's $5 or $500. We rely on the support of our community for 30-40% of our budget in order to keep tuition and facilities access affordable, and our exhibitions free. Anyone can make a donation by clicking here.
Join photographers across the globe in 24 hours of image-making worldwide. Shoot anywhere in the world, with any type of camera, between Saturday, June 18 at noon (Pacific Time) to Sunday, June 19 at noon (PT)
Submit up to 5 images taken during Long Shot. A panel of industry professionals review submissions and select one image from each participant. All selections will be featured in our online slideshow and printed at PCNW for the exhibition celebration.
LONG SHOT SUBMISSION SITE: longshot.miga.io
1) Go the submission site and click the sign up button and create an account using the same first and last name that you used to register for Long Shot. We encourage you to upload your photos from a laptop or desktop computer.
2) Login any time between Saturday June 18 noon (PT) – Monday June 20, 6 pm (PT) to upload up to 5 images. Once you submit you can’t make changes!
DEADLINE: Images must be received by June 20, 6 pm (PT).
File Prep Guidelines:
– Files must be in .JPG format, no layers please
– Minimum file size must be 2340px X 3120px, and less than ~ 3MB
– Images will be printed on 11×14″ paper; long side will print 12″ and shorter side will be ratio according to your camera.
– Smaller files will be resized accordingly, this will apply to iPhone, Android, and Instagram shooters. Please send largest .JPG your phone will allow.
– Files MUST include first name, last name, and title if desired in that exact order.
Example: JohnSmith_SeattleSunset.jpg Note: this should be included in the actual file name, not just the metadata
– Upload up to five images to the site above, longshot.miga.io
– Follow the prompts and click on the “instructions” button for details
– When you upload your images please check that your file name is correct by clicking on the turquoise colored (i) button. You can edit the file name in that field.
– Once you hit “SUBMIT” you can’t make changes, so review carefully!
– After you click the submit button, you will see a pop-up that says your images have been submitted and available for review
– You’re all set! Your selected image will be included in a slideshow on our website, and printed and hung in our gallery for the Saturday celebration and fundraiser on June 25, 5-9 pm. That’s how you’ll know which image is selected.
Join us for a global celebration of Long Shot participants and their images. Enjoy music, drinks and amazing artwork. The evening centers around a reverse auction, in which everyone has the opportunity to bid and take home images by local luminaries and up-and-coming photographers. Donate to PCNW that evening and go home with a unique Long Shot photograph! All are welcome to attend, whether you participated in Long Shot or not, on Saturday, June 25 from 5-9pm at PCNW.
Aaron Brethorst, Andrej Gregov, Constance Brinkley, Cynthia Hartwig, Daniel Gregory, Daniel Hawkins, Janet Neuhauser, Jenny Riffle, Jessica Cantlin, John Wilmot, Lisa Ahlberg, Marcia Glover, Nancy Edelstein, Steve Hoedemaker and Tony Gale
& our Long Shot Ambassadors from Piece of Cake (POC)
Alejandra Laviada, Amy Stein, Eirik Johnson, Ian van Coller,
John Mann, Jonathan Gitelson, Kelli Connell, Mariela Sancari, Matthew Gamber,
Sonja Thomsen, Timothy Briner
& our Long Shot Jurors
Yaelle Amir/ Newspace, Zemie Barr/Blue Sky Gallery, Howard Giske/MOHAI, Lisa Harris/Lisa Harris Gallery, Charles Hartman/Charles A. Hartman Fine Art, John Jenkins III/Decode Books, Stephen Lyons/Platform Gallery, Blue Mitchell/Diffusion Magazine, Yoko Ott/Former Founding Director of The New Foundation Seattle, Laura Valenti/Photolucida
Photographic Center Northwest (PCNW) facilitates creation,
conversations, and experiences of significant photography. Through our
certificate program in fine art photography, exhibitions, and an array of
public programming we foster dialogue in the region through the global language
Photographic Center Northwest
900 12th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98122